Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update from May and June 08














SURPRISE!!




Yes, yes... I know there are many of you that are rubbing your eyes right now... is it true? Is this really a blog update? Am I dreaming? Should I buy a lottery ticket? (The answer to this last one is YES and if you win you must share the karma....) But yes - Here it is!!! Mostly just a lot of pictures of dear Bug, with stories here and there.

We've had a great spring/summer so far, taking trips to the zoo, the Children's Museum, Trinidad, the park and the swimming pool so far. We hope to be able to do all of that again and explore even more places.

Alex has been doing so great - he's really trying to talk and gibbers a LOT. He's getting very good about repeating "words" and we can get him to say a lot of things at least once. Duck is a pretty new word, and the usuals... dog, ball, book, Dada, Mama, hat, bubbles.... But he is doing the signs for a ton of words. He points to the sky when he hears an airplane, he makes a "beak" when we say bird, taps his head for hat, does bath and sleep every night for bed, shows us he wants to eat or drink, shows us milk, is starting to do the "I love you" hug sign... gosh there are so many! He's still a fantastic eater. New favorites are plums, chicken nuggets, bananas and cottage cheese with yogurt just like Mama and Dada eat.

One funny story and then on to the photos. I've always sung to Alex a lot... made up songs, silly songs, lullabies, "The Ants Go Marching" often enough to populate the entire Amazon rain forest with ants, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" en espanol, you name it, I can sing it! Now, luckily Alex is my biggest fan and thinks I have the most amazing voice in the world. Or so I thought. One recent morning on the way to daycare I was showering him with my rendition of Old McDonald when I turned to see how he was doing. He had his head turned and buried in the corner of the car seat with his face smooshed against the side and his finger in his ear. WELL! I'm sure it wasn't my singing... right? =)


Without further ado... I present - BUG.

Memorial Day in Trinidad:












Alex helped water Grandma Mary's flowers, and helped Papa John hang some cool lights for the bbq party! He also got to sample the piano at Nan's that will soon be living in our house. Hooray!










Children's Museum
Oh my gosh, we ALL had so much fun at the museum. Alex cracked up when Dan used the frog hand puppet. He had a blast with the Lincoln logs and exploring the little forest area. He was in and out of every little house they had, and of course loved the kitchen area, just like at home. He always has a bowl and a spoon nearby and loves to "cook" things with Mama.




















Helping out in the Yard:
We've been doing a lot of work in the back yard this summer and Bug has loved helping. He knows though that if we're going to be outside he needs a hat, and will tap his head or yours and say "hat" when you start to head out the door if you've forgotten to put one on him or yourself!

No comments: